Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Spot of Canadiana

Global warming is for real, 4 out of 5 Canadians believe that they have experienced it first hand.... but if there is anything that is as Canadian as say maple syrup it is the fact that it will be as cold as it is going to get the last two weeks of January and the first two weeks of February. Normally this would make me want to crawl into a deep state of hibernation...fatten up, grow a beard generally bitch about the weather. But guess what, tonight I have decided to tip my hat to Mother Nature, why you ask? Well because, on the out skirts of the town where I reside there is a protected wetland, which because of the cold weather has frozen over, making a huge skating rink. Last Sunday my sister, her 2 daughters and I ventured out to this frozen wonderland, and to tell you the truth it did my soul a world of good. It has long been said that winter is a fantastic season as long as you get out in it and enjoy it for its virtues... the surly Joe would scoff at such a notion..bah I hate the cold, bah snow sucks, bah bah bah...but on this given Sunday with a pair of skates and ice as far as the eye could see, the kid came out, the cheeks shone rosier, all was good in the country known as Canada.

No comments: